Author: Chris Tiru
Become a Coach and Make Extra Money! Here’s How to Get Started
Do you enjoy helping others? Do you find that you’re often offering guidance, advice and resources to individuals? If this sounds like you, coaching may be in your future. It’s a great way to help others and to earn a living.
What is a Coach?
A coach is a person who helps people achieve their goals. You can be a coach in almost any specialty.
For example, you might be a: * Diet coach * Fitness coach * Nutrition coach * Lifestyle coach * Business coach * Organization coach * Writing coach * Marketing coach
The list goes on and on. If you have specialized knowledge, skills or even an interest then you can become a coach in that field.
How Does a Coach Make Money?
Coaches make money in a variety of ways. The most basic is to charge an hourly rate for their coaching services. Another way is to sell coaching products. You might also create a membership site and offer various levels of coaching.
- For example, as a lifestyle coach you might offer an hour of one on one coaching and access to an abundance of resources in your membership area.
The next level of membership might offer five hours of one-on-one coaching, email access to you and resources in the membership area.
The most expensive level might offer a home visit, three days of intense one-on-one coaching and access to the membership area.
You can set up your business to suit your niche, your audience and your business goals. Another way to make money online by promoting supporting products and earning an affiliate commission. Or you can create your own information products and sell them. There are many ways to earn money as a coach.
What Do You Need to Get Started?
To get started as a coach you’ll need:
* A business plan. This will outline your services and business model. It’ll identify your customer, your competition and how you plan to market your business. It’ll also identify your goals and how you plan to achieve them.
* A website. This will help you market your business. It may also be one of your primary communication tools. Here you may sell products, conduct sessions in your chat room and even collect payment for services.
* A specialty or niche. Who are you going to coach and what do you have to offer? The more specialized your niche the easier it’ll be to market your business.
- For example, if you’re interested in helping people lose weight you might become a diet and fitness coach for new moms.
The most expensive aspect of starting your own coaching business will be your website. However, with a little patience and a plan you can create your own website for next to nothing. What saved me a lot of money when I decided to start my small business website was using BlueHost. They make starting a website it easy for someone like myself, who isn’t so technically savvy.
You don’t have to spend thousands!
You also don’t have to spend thousands on marketing either. Social networking, word of mouth and a few strategic partnerships can fill your schedule quickly.
If you enjoy helping people and you’re interested in starting your own business, consider becoming a coach. Coaches are in demand, it’s an easy business to set up, and it’s a great way to make a living.